November 1, 2006

Animattic Ver. 2

This week I introduced a camera rig into the animattic and worked on cutting between camera shots to alternate between large sweeping shots that reflect the song's pace and close ups for character animation focus. Some stylized camera work was added to enhance the dreamscape that is implicit in the music, the lyrics and the narrative. One such shot moves in to the first piece that lands in Justin's hands and pans up and over the piece, revolving and rising--intending to convey the fatalistic way the piece has landed in Justin's hands, the master plan that the universe has for us. As well, the shot subtly connects the piece to the one Justin is sitting on which is exactly the same shape.
I have yet to alter the animation of the protagonist to fix the puzzle-solving time issue. However, the worry I've had over building a good enough rig is gone once Leif and Nick suggested I merely skin my character to the Norman rig. This not only allows for more time to animate and less time building a rig but also means I can create at least a very basic animation within the animattic using Norman and import my character later and skin it to the rig. I can move to -100 on the timeline and keyframe Norman in the bind pose so that I can later go back and skin my model in the default pose. Of course I will still have to play with skin weights and perhaps adjust the proportions of my model or the rig to match, but theoretically a lot of time should be saved.
I have also reframed the animation to the 16x9 that seems far more appropriate for my piece. Enjoy!

No comments: